The debut of the Hallmark Channel “You’re Bacon Me Crazy” movie is just a couple of weeks away! I’ll be watching the movie with my daughter on the Hallmark Channel at 9 P.M./8 Central on April 4. I can’t wait to tune into foodie fun and romance with Chef Cleo and her foodie truck rival Gabe.
Why am I so, so excited?
Because the movie is based on my Scholastic book, You’re Bacon Me Crazy! The book is written for readers ages 9 up. It’s full of sweet, innocent first crushes, plus a food truck competition that will leave your taste buds cheering for BLTs!
Tips for a Mother-Daughter Book Club/Movie Marathon
This year, my daughter is the perfect age for the book. The book has been a great way for the two of us to share our love for reading and to bond over baking, too. In fact, the book is a great mother-daughter book club pick for all families, especially if you’re planning to watch the movie on April 4!
What better way to kick-start “You’re Bacon Me Crazy” movie fan-girling than by reading the book beforehand?
(Read a Your’e Bacon Me Crazy Excerpt.)
Here are some tips for how to have a great time with your own mother-daughter book club/movie marathon.
Read the You’re Bacon Me Crazy Book
Read You’re Bacon Me Crazy before you watch the movie!
You can read it aloud together, or you can each read it separately.
My daughter and I try to set aside at least a half an hour each night for reading together.
We snuggle on our couch or on her bed and take turns reading aloud. It’s one of my favorite times of the day!
As you’re reading the book, you can pause to comment on scenes that make an impression on you. As you finish a chapter, you might discuss what your favorite part of the chapter was and why.
You can take turns guessing what you think might happen in the next chapter.
Once you’re finished reading the entire book, set aside a quiet time to discuss it.
Maybe you can go to one of your favorite local eateries to talk about it. My daughter and I love to go out together for ice cream or hot cocoa.
Here’s a You’re Bacon Me Crazy discussion guide to help get you started:
Watch the “You’re Bacon Me Crazy” Movie
Tune into the Hallmark Channel on April 4th at 9 P.M./8 Central to watch the “You’re Bacon Me Crazy” movie!
Make some of fun, bacon-y treats for a bacon movie bonanza and get cozy in your favorite foodie pjs.
Here’s the Hallmark Channel’s fun video teaser for the movie starring Natalie Hall and Michael Rady:
After you watch the movie, talk about the movie and the book together! What were the similarities and differences between the book and the movie?
What was your favorite part of the book?
What about your favorite part of the movie?
What other Scholastic foodie books would you love to see made into movies and why?
Tips for Hosting a Bigger, Parent-Child Book Club
Starting a book club is a great way to bond with family and friends and to share your love of reading.
You can start with just a few best friends or organize a larger group. However you decide to structure your club, have fun!
How to get started:
- Decide who you’d like to join your book club, and send out an email invitation. Or, call to invite your friends!
- Pick a cozy spot for your book club meetings, like someone’s house. You can also look into reserving a small conference room at your local library.
- After you’ve chosen a book, give everyone enough time to read it! Tell everyone the book pick at least a month or two in advance.
- Choose a person to lead your meeting. This person will ask the discussion questions. You can make up your own discussion questions. Or, many times you might be able to find book discussion questions posted online on publisher’s and author’s websites.
- Decide on a menu for your meeting! You’ll want snacks and drinks available. It’s especially fun to pick foods or drinks inspired by your book. If you’re reading You’re Bacon Me Crazy, you can try any of the bacon-themed recipes on my blog.
Bacon-themed Recipes for Your Book Club
Sweet, bacon-themed treats to make for your book club/movie marathon:
Be sure to check out the other Scholastic foodie books in the series, too!
Don’t forget to tune in to the Hallmark Channel on April 4th at 9 P.M./8 C for the “You’re Bacon Me Crazy” movie!